Selecting a Color Scheme
When deciding on which colors will be the focus of your wedding décor, there are many important things to consider. Following is a list of five factors to think about when selecting your color scheme:
- During what time of the year will you have your wedding?
- What will the weather be like?
- Think about the color schemes that go along with the different seasons (i.e. pastels in spring, bright hues in summer, warmer shades in fall, and cool undertones in winter)
- At what type of location will your wedding take place?
- Will it be indoors, outdoors, or both?
- Will any colors clash with the venue’s color scheme or décor?
- What type of mood do you want to set?
- Think about the emotion and meaning behind each color (i.e. red sets a romantic tone, black implies formality, yellow creates a bright atmosphere, etc.)
4. What’s In
- What color schemes are most popular right now?
- Which shades are hot?
- Thinking about these things will help make finding matching different decorations much easier
- #1 is you and your groom…what colors do you both like?
- #2 is your wedding party…what colors will look best on these people?
- #3 is your guests…what colors will reflect the formality of the dress?