Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue…This age-old saying represents a wedding tradition that has been practiced by brides for years. It is believed that if a bride wears something old, new, borrowed, and blue on her wedding day that she will have good luck and a great marriage. If you plan on trying your luck with this saying, here are a few suggestions:
- for jewelry, wear a family heirloom such as your grandma’s string of pearls
- for your bouquet, use ribbon from an old prom corsage
- for your veil, attach some beads or sequins from a childhood costume or dress
- if you want to go for the obvious, your beautiful white wedding gown will do!
- if you want to add a bit more, you can buy new shoes, jewelry, a veil, or a hairpiece
- to add some sparkle, wear your mother’s diamond earrings
- to add some shine, wear that cute rhinestone bracelet of your friend’s that you’ve always wanted
- to add some support, wear your sister’s pretty lace push up bra to give you that extra lift!
- make a statement…get a mani/pedi in blue polish
- make it hidden…get a cute blue garter in your groom’s favorite shade